Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Back to school!


Yesterday was back to school finally for James. He normally would start at the end of August but this summer his school had to have a lot of needed renovations done which delayed school starting. He had a good first day a lot of new kids this year but some returning faces as well. This year his school added a few things and are doing some things differently as well. We went to orientation on Thursday afternoon and after the principal got done speaking we were allowed to look around the school and find our child's homeroom. The classrooms are very roomy more so than they have ever had in the past. The kids have their own lockers and for each class they have they switch back to different rooms instead of everything being in one classroom. I really like the layout this year it is just like junior high. For anyone that is confused by what I am saying I know these are things that occur in regular schools but seeing as this is a special needs school things are different. For years they worked in a small building that accommodated the staff and children but they could have used more space as well. The classrooms were so tiny and cramped and to have 3 teachers in there as well it was a challenge at times. So that is why I was thrilled that the school is more like a regular school for the kids this year. They even are thinking of holding a dance for the children. I think that would be neat as well.

As you can see behind James all my crafting clutter. My living room is a big mess right now and will probably be for a while!

4 comments:

  1. I am glad he had a good first day of school! Sounds like the renovations were much needed. I am glad they have more room now.

    Your finishes on the other post are adorable. I love the moose coasters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy too it makes it great that he was looking forward to going back as well instead of dreading it. I know I am happy with the changes I think it is great.

    Thanks, btw I like the coasters as well. Simple but cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for following my blog and I am now following yours as well. You do beautiful stitching! What handsome young son you have!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much, I really love your stitching as well!

    ReplyDelete