Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Not a stitchy update this time around~ next one will be though






For some of my friends that know me I am an avid animal lover and have pets of my own. Yesterday my cat Annie died. She was 16. I had gotten her as a gift for my 16th birthday. She was a peach fuzzed little cutie. Over the years we grew up and changed together with all the changes that life threw our way. When I was single she used to be a big old grump and hated my boyfriends she would growl and hiss at them and not let them come anywhere near her. That all changed when I met Mike my husband. she turned into a big sweetheart after meeting him and turned into an even bigger softie after my son was born. When James was a baby she would sleep under his crib every night and then when he was old enough to sleep in a real bed then she would climb into bed with him every night and occasionally sneak under the covers with him as well. She was s good girl and a part of our family. It was hard to see her suffer and even harder to see her pass away because towards the end she was in so much pain. I like to think that she is at peace now and no longer in pain. This week has been hard and stressful for me because I have so much going on here as well that today was one of those days that I just wanted to be left alone and I stayed in bed most of the day after I got James on the bus this morning. The following pictures are of my Annie girl when she was a baby and when I was a teenager and her with my husband and son over the years.

In the next day or so I will post a update on what I am working on. I finished a very special piece for my father and I think many will like this one! Thanks for stopping by.

4 comments:

  1. Annie was beautiful! I am so sorry for your loss. I know how painful it is to watch a loved pet pass on. My heart goes out to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kay I am so sorry for your loss. At least Annie is no longer in pain. Please try to take comfort in remembering all the happy times she shared with you and your family.
    (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kay, Annie was such a pretty cat. So sorry for your loss and I know the pain you feel not having her. But she is still watching over you all, she is in a better place and not hurting any longer.
    (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone for the kind words it means a lot. My Annie was a special girl even though this house is always chaotic and busy it still seems empty and not so crazy but the funny thing is she was also the quiet one who was always good and kept to herself. My heart has been touched this week by everyone's comments and including the fact that I actually got a few cards in the mail offering their condolences it means a lot.

    ReplyDelete