Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Happy September




I have a few small finishes to share with everyone. The first piece is a little something called Full Moon. The second piece is somewhat my creation. I usually every month do the monthly design from the Curtis Boehringer 3 for 2 club. I did not like so much how the design for September looked so I pieced something together from a fall pattern that I had hence the leaves falling around the word September. I hope to in the next week to have my barefoot angel of the month done for September. I had some personal setbacks which have been hindering my progress, but after this I need to finish the Mary Englebreit piece I have been working on for a friend after that I will figure it out! Tuesday was my sons first day back at school, the first day went well. He started the 8th grade this year so this year things are going to start to get complicated for him because this year the teachers are starting to prepare the kids for when they go to high school next year so there are certain things expected of him throughout the year so here's hoping this new school year is a good one. Thanks for stopping by and for your comments, I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday weekend that just ended.

8 comments:

  1. Lovely stitching Kay :-) I have the 'full moon' one on my to stitch list. Kids grow up so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been very busy & I loved seeing your stitching for both this week and, the last.
    All beautifully finished as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your stitching is beautiful Kay. I love the full moon and September - I guess everyone is feeling the Fall in the air as leaves, pumpkins, browns/yellows/oranges seem to be the theme right now. Best wishes to your son for a successful year in 8th grade. It is a good preparation for the high school year - stay on top of homework, keep organized and write neatly. That is the moto around our house hold.
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both lovely finishes, kay.

    Thanks for sharing James picture, i hope all goes well at school for him.

    We just got back from a parents info. evening at Chris school, he's now in group 7th and have to do more..lots actually as well as exams later this school year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great finishes! And look at the smile on your son's face - cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of your finishes are just fantastic, Kay.

    Take Care & Happy Stitching ... Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful finishes Kay and I hope everything goes well this year for your son.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your finishes, Kay. I really like the moon one. I hope your son has a great school year!

    ReplyDelete